Create keyframes manually.
- [Instructor] Set key the manual creation mode…for animation key frames.…It gives out a little more control than auto key.…But it takes a little bit more setup in advance.…In this scene I already have position key frames…on the camera.…Let's take a look at that.…I'll play in the timeline.…The camera is moving across the room in a slight arc.…Over five seconds.…I'll stop that and rewind.…Let's add some rotation keys also.…Select the camera in the top view port…and we can use the rotate tool.…
I don't have any key frames for rotation just yet.…So I want to keep this framing…on the first frame frame zero.…I want to create a rotation key…on frame zero and I want to make sure…I'm key framing in the correct axis.…I'll switch over into gimble coordinate system…and examine my scene and it looks like…the axis I want to rotate around is Z.…And that's what will be recorded in my animation channels.…I can then edit that curve in…the function curve editor later.…
Okay so we're going to create a key frame here manually…in set key mode down here.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.