Create keyframes automatically.
- [Instructor] When 3DS Max was first introduced,…it had a revolutionary new feature which was Auto Key mode.…Now this is something that we see in a lot of programs.…But 3ds Max kind of pioneered that concept in 3D.…And that is, you're in a mode in which…whenever you change something,…you're automatically creating keyframes in an animation.…So, let's test this out.…I've got a camera and I want to trock across the room.…
I want that to animate,…so let's do a little keyframe animation.…I'll select the Move tool.…I've got it over here on the left-side…of the screen in my top viewport.…I want animate it moving across the room like that.…All right.…So the thing with Auto Key is…you don't want to be on Frame 0 of the animation…if you're in Auto Key mode…and creating a keyframe for the first time.…
This is a rule that applies…only the first time you create keyframes…for a particular transform or parameter.…What you want to do is Enable Auto Key…from the bottom of the interface.…We got a button labeled Auto Key.…Then you want to go to the position…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.