Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the grass with VRayFur, part of 3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray.
- [Instructor] Having seen how we can get our materials…and our material channels out of Bitmap2Material,…Substance Designer, and Substance Painter,…and then bring those into 3ds Max…for rendering with V-Ray,…what we want to do in the final videos for the course…is bring everything together by adding a grass effect…to our ground geometry, apply a material to that,…and then finally look at adding a few setting tweaks…to the scene in order to produce a final render.…To get all of that underway,…the first thing we will want to do…is select the ground geometry,…and then from the V-Ray toolbar add some V-Ray fur to it.…
Straight away, we will want to tweak…quite a few of the settings here.…And so in the command panel's Modify tab,…let's set a Length value of 13 centimeters,…a Thickness of 0.3 centimeters.…The Bend control can be set at 0.66.…The Taper and Knots options we will set…at one and seven, respectively,…whilst the Length Variation and Per Face value controls…can be set at 0.85…and 0.6.…
We need to put a check in the Curl option box…
- What are substances and why should we use them?
- Choosing your substance workflow mode
- Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
- Loading the Bitmap2Material node into 3ds Max
- Building your material
- Working with substances from Substance Designer
- Working with maps from Substance Designer
- Exporting the map types
- Exporting maps from Substance Painter
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
1. Overview of Substance Based Tools
The substance toolset4m 9s
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from Substance Designer
4. Working with Maps from Substance Designer
5. Exporting Maps from Substance Painter
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.