Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the grain details, part of Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Asset.
- With some of the necessary prep work…taken care of in Substance Designer,…time for us to take a look now at how we can go about…creating the textured detail on our crate asset…that we saw in the welcome video for this course.…The first thing we may want to do here…is come over to the resource Explorer.…And, if it isn't already, left-click to drag…and drop our Crate_Full FBX into the 3D View,…so that we will be able to check out…how our substance is shaping up…as we step through each of the nodes…that make our finished substance graph.…
To help with that, I just want to come…to the the Materials drop-down in the 3D View,…and from the Material #2 and Definitions flyout,…make sure that we are indeed using…the physically_metallic_roughness option.…Zooming into our Wood Grain Gen frame then,…first of all, we can see that we have a grunge map,…which is essentially going to be producing the pattern…that we want to use for our wood grain.…Now, any of the nodes that I use in the graph here…can all easily be found by typing their name…
- Modeling the wood frame
- Adding structural reinforcements
- Creating nails with primitives
- Unwrapping the wood and nails
- Combining UV elements
- Exporting the FBX file
- Creating the shader in Substance Designer
- Simulating weathering and edge wear
- Importing the mesh in Unreal Engine
- Applying the substance
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Learning CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. Modeling the Wood
2. Nailing It All Together
3. Unwrapping & Exporting Geometry
4. Creating the Shader
5. Bringing It All Together in Unreal Engine 4
Importing the mesh3m 5s
What next?1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.