Draw a curve in the viewport.
- As we saw in a previous movie,…we can create a line object…by clicking to create control points.…3Ds max allows us to also create…lines with a freehand style…by simply dragging the mouse.…Before we do that,…I have some housekeeping in this scene.…I want to place all of the curves…onto a display layer so I can hide them.…Let's open up the layer manager.…And it might appear in the lower right corner…of the modify panel.…
And you might need to expand that…in order to see all the buttons.…We have a default display layer.…Open that up, and just select circle.…Hold down control, and select the line…and the rectangle as well.…And press the plus sign to create a new layer.…And now, they're put into a new layer called layer 001.…Click on that and rename it Curves.…And we can hide that display layer,…and hide those curves.…And finally, remember to re-enable the default layer.…
Make that one current by clicking on the stack icon.…And now we can close the layer manager once again.…And just move the monitor chassis up…to put it in context in the scene.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.