Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating an emitter, part of Up and Running with RealFlow.
- To generate standard particles in our real flow scene,…we will want to create an emitter.…Go to the liquid particles shelf.…These are all emitters of various types.…Let's click Circle, and that creates a circle emitter.…The first thing I want to do is rename it…because it's simply named Circle 01.…I want to distinguish that from a piece of geometry.…This is a particle emitter.…I'll double click on Circle 01…and rename it to Circle Emitter 01…and press Enter.…
I just want to move it and scale it…so that it is at the faucet at the sink, here.…Grab the scale tool or press the R key…and dolly back a bit with Alt and right mouse.…Scale that down and then grab the move tool…or use the W key and position it.…You'll need to switch between different views…in order to position this most precisely.…Let's go to the top view.…Right click in the view and choose View, Top,…and we also want to see this in wire frame.…
Right click again and choose Scene Shading Wire Frame.…That way, we can position that circle better.…Grab the scale tool and make it smaller.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.