- Before we go ahead and take a look…at creating the metal diffuse map…that we want for our nails here.…We're going to go ahead and run through…the creation of the edge wear.…To do that, let's just zoom in…on the metal diffuse frame,…where you can see that the first step…here was to drag out another copy…of the curvature map from the crate…resources folder, which of course…nicely shows up all of the edges on our nails.…Following the trail of the curvature maps…output, we come to an edge select node.…Which, if we double-click, shows that…we are using a level value of one,…and a contrast setting of 0.91.…
Again, feel free to adjust these settings…in any way that suits your own artistic tastes.…We are also using convex and concave…settings of 0.1 and one here, so essentially…the defaults that the node sets up.…Which, in this instance, happen…to work pretty good for our needs.…How is it that we are only getting…edge detection on the nails?…I hear you ask.…Well, on the edge select node, we have this…optional mask input, which, as you can see,…
- Modeling the wood frame
- Adding structural reinforcements
- Creating nails with primitives
- Unwrapping the wood and nails
- Combining UV elements
- Exporting the FBX file
- Creating the shader in Substance Designer
- Simulating weathering and edge wear
- Importing the mesh in Unreal Engine
- Applying the substance
Skill Level Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Learning CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
1. Modeling the Wood
2. Nailing It All Together
3. Unwrapping & Exporting Geometry
4. Creating the Shader
5. Bringing It All Together in Unreal Engine 4
Importing the mesh3m 5s
What next?1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.