- [Instructor] For the windows I will create…the outer frame first,…and then we can go with Openings layer…just like we did for this top portion here.…I'm going to select this object…and solo this out by pressing alt + q,…and then right click…and convert that into an Editable Poly.…Now, I need to check the pivot point here.…So, I will go to Hierarchy panel…and click Affect Pivot Point Only,…and I see that the pivot is not in right direction.…To set that, I will go to Utility panel…and make sure that Reset XForm is active.…
I will click Reset Selected a few times…and right click…and convert that into an Editable Poly.…Now, in my Hierarchy panel,…if I click Affect Pivot point,…I should see that the pivot is in perfect place.…This is very important…because when we're working in Edit Poly mode,…the things do not go in the way that we want.…The extrusions will go in wrong direction as well.…So, I'm going to select this front faces here…and click Detach here.…Hit okay.…I will turn off the Polygon mode…and then I will move this object to see…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 58m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.