Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the cross boards, part of Game Asset Creation: Stylized Wooden Crate.
- Having gotten the outer frames sorted out,…we're going to spend our time in this video…creating the central boards that will help…us complete one side of our wood crate asset.…Let's select our top piece in the view port then,…and holding down the shift key,…left-click and drag downward in order to bring…up the Clone options dialog box.…We want to make a copy here naming it…something like Cross Boards.…And then, come over the the modifier stack…so that after jumping down to the box level…and pressing yes to the topology warning again,…we can edit some of the parameters here…in order to make things look…a little more like our concept drawing.…
We're going to alter our length value here…and set it to 9.9 cm in order to make this board…a little bit thinner than the frame sections.…We can also come to the width option…and set this to 51 cm.…Then, we want to go ahead and bring the height…parameter all the way down to 1.5 cm.…We do need at this point to check everything over…making sure that everything is looking correct.…
- Modeling the wood frame
- Adding structural reinforcements
- Creating nails with primitives
- Unwrapping the wood and nails
- Combining UV elements
- Exporting the FBX file
- Creating the shader in Substance Designer
- Simulating weathering and edge wear
- Importing the mesh in Unreal Engine
- Applying the substance
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Getting Started with CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. Modeling the Wood
2. Nailing It All Together
3. Unwrapping & Exporting Geometry
4. Creating the Shader
5. Bringing It All Together in Unreal Engine 4
Importing the mesh3m 5s
What next?1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.