As with the rest of our mesh, we will want to create believable smoothing between the main helmet and the viewing port. We will do this using the crease sets modifier, adjusting the amount to fit each section that we want varying edge widths on.
- As already noted, what we want to do in this…video is go ahead and set up our…creases modifier as this can really help us…fine tune the look that we're getting when using…the open sub-div modifier to both sub-divide and smooth…our mesh. To do that, let's select our helmet.…Come to the modify tab…and after selecting the…editable poly entry in the stack, add a crease…set modifier that can be used to pass…specific etch selection sets up to the…open to the sub-div modifier sitting just above.…
Coming into edge subjective mode on the crease…set modifier, let's turn off show end…result and turn on the ignore back facing option.…And, as we, first of all, want to make…the creases at the base of our helmet,…let's go ahead and select all three of the…edges that we have here.…There is, of course, no need to select the…interior edges as we don't have any polygons…on the inside.…And, then, after selecting those, hit the…loop button.…Down in the crease sets rollout, let's give…this crease set a name calling it "base"…and click the create set button.…
- Modeling with splines
- Creating a working grid
- Duplicating and welding components
- Extruding complex shapes from components
- Building shapes with primitives
- Applying subdivision creasing
- Box modeling
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
1. Modeling with splines
2. Creating Complex Shapes from Components
3. Building with Primitives
4. Modeling with Edge Cuts
5. Box Modeling
What's next?1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.