Creating perfect circles in square objects can be a challenge, but we can make it easier by keeping the poly count as low as possible for as long as possible, and then use a shape as a guide to create the perfect circle.
- [Instructor] Now one thing you may have been…wondering about as we look at our reference image here,…is how we could perhaps go about creating the circular…holes that we'll need adding to our C shaped piece here.…The area here where these bolts or screw pass through.…Now of course depending on how our asset is going…to be seen, it may not always be necessary to add…such a detail to the model.…But in terms of modeling training, take a look at, at least…one way in which we could go about this…is going to be very beneficial here, as it will allow us…to use foundational modeling tools and techniques in Max…in order to solve a very specific problem.…
To do this, let's select our geometry and then hit…the isolate button in order to make working on the…selection that little bit easier.…Let's use the zoom extensile selective viewpoint control…to frame up on our geometry.…And then coming to the left view port,…let's press the Alt and the (mumbles) keys to maximize.…Press one to enter vertex of object mode,…and then grab the vertex that we see sitting…
- Modeling with splines
- Creating a working grid
- Duplicating and welding components
- Extruding complex shapes from components
- Building shapes with primitives
- Applying subdivision creasing
- Box modeling
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 48m Appropriate for all
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
1. Modeling with splines
2. Creating Complex Shapes from Components
3. Building with Primitives
4. Modeling with Edge Cuts
5. Box Modeling
What's next?1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.