Once we have rebuilt the screw thread, we need to cap it off in a clean and Subd friendly manner. To do this, we will have to use the Cut tool and lay down some well-placed edges to remove any unwanted NGons in our model.
- [Instructor] In this particular exercise,…we're going to make certain that…we have nice, clean topology on our geometry here so that…it is all set up and ready to create our thread form.…Now obviously, one thing we are going to have…to think about is how we intend to create our thread,…given that this will most likely affect how we go about…creating the end cap that we also need to add here.…With that in mind, then, and with our geometry selected,…let's come over to the Modify tab in the command panel…and jump into Border Sub-object mode.…
What we want to do then is click to select the top…of our object here, and then holding down the Control key,…left-click to switch over to Edge Sub-object mode,…which of course means that we get essentially…the same geometry selection we already had,…only this time made up of individual edges.…We then want to alt click in order to deselect…just this one vertical edge as we don't want this…to be affected by our next operation,…which is to engage the Move tool by pressing the W key,…
- Modeling with splines
- Creating a working grid
- Duplicating and welding components
- Extruding complex shapes from components
- Building shapes with primitives
- Applying subdivision creasing
- Box modeling
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
1. Modeling with splines
2. Creating Complex Shapes from Components
3. Building with Primitives
4. Modeling with Edge Cuts
5. Box Modeling
What's next?1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.