Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a camera, part of Creating Product Shots in 3ds Max.
…To wrap up our scene layout, we want to create a camera.…And we want to set our environment background as well.…Let's create the camera first, it's just going to be very…simple, a free camera facing straight in the world y axis.…Go to the Create panel, and choose Cameras > Free, and…then click in the front view port right on the watch.…Right-click to exit that tool, and choose the Move tool and then down in the…transform type area just choose set all the…values to zero, zero tab zero tab zero.…
You want to move it back so in the top view, right-click so we…don't lose our selection and then just move that camera back a bit.…Now let's load the camera into a panel, we can use the front view here.…Click to activate the front view, click to, click on the name front…and choose Cameras > Camera001 and now we're looking through that camera's lens.…The view port is a wide aspect ratio.…But remember we previously set our renderer to a square aspect.…Before we frame the shot we want to make sure that we've enabled safe frame, so we…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Want to learn how to create the same effect with Maya? Check out Creating Product Shots in Maya.
- Importing solid models as 3ds Max body objects
- Working with the scene layout, hierarchy, and display layers
- Building Arch & Design materials
- Creating area and photometric lights
- Setting exposure control
- Optimizing indirect illumination with Final Gather
- Image-based lighting with high dynamic range files
- Lighting with self-illuminated geometry
- Rendering to high dynamic range
- Saving render passes with Render Elements
- Adding ambient occlusion
- Layering and color correction in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Laying Out the Scene
2. Studio Lighting
Controlling Final Gather3m 57s
3. Shading Models with Materials
4. Image-Based Lighting
5. Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.