Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating breakable glue: Part 2, part of MassFX and 3ds Max: Creating Simulations (2013).
With the basics of our particle system in place, we now need to introduce a way…of binding the particles inside the strands together.…This is where our MassFX glue operator comes in.…Down in the depot, let's left-click and drag a glue operator into our flow.…Now, it is important that the operator is placed below the MassFX world as it…simply won't work anywhere else due to the way simulation steps are…calculated in the flow.…So as to be able to see how our particles are binding together in the scene,…let's select the glue operator and turn on Visualize Binding.…
Then we need to enable the Bind Gap option and set the Gap Distance to 2.24mm.…Now if I just switch over to the Target_CloseUp camera, hopefully you can just…about make out that we now have a thin blue line between each particle,…indicating that they are bound or glued together.…By default our Binding Type is set to Simplified, which is fine. Really though,…any one of these options would work in this particular instance.…The Timing option, however, is a little different.…
- Setting up your 3ds Max project
- Understanding volume, mass, and density
- Learning the difference between concave and convex meshes
- Discovering Ground Collision and Gravity
- Baking out a simulation for rendering
- Adding an animation override
- Adding Rigid constraints and creating breakability
- Creating springy targets with the Hinge constraint
- Spinning targets with Twist
- Working with mCloth
- Putting a rip in mCloth
- Adding forces to a simulation
- Using fracture geometry in mParticles
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamics Simulation 101: Understanding the Basics
2. The MassFX Approach
3. Working with Rigid Bodies
4. Making Use of Constraints
5. Working with mCloth
6. Using Forces with MassFX
Using forces with mCloth3m 47s
7. A Brief Introduction to mParticles
What's next?1m 5s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.