Join Brian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating bitmap output files, part of 3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray.
- [Narrator] In this last exercise for the chapter,…we're going to quickly demonstrate how we could,…if we needed or wanted, swap out the procedural inputs…being fed into our material, and instead…make use of regular bitmaps.…All of course without altering…the look of the rendered material in any noticeable way.…We're going to do this by using…what appears to be, at least in my experience,…a very seldom-used piece of 3ds Max functionality.…A piece that can be found inside…of the material editor itself.…To access that, let's hit the M key…to open the material editor up,…and jump into the ground tab.…
If we then right-click on the output selector…for the diffuse color node, we can see that…amongst the many options and commands available,…we have one there entitled render map.…And if I just select that, we get the render map dialog.…Now by default this is set to render out just a single…240x240 frame, although if we are working…with animated materials or substances,…then we can certainly accommodate image sequences as well.…
- What are substances and why should we use them?
- Choosing your substance workflow mode
- Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
- Loading the Bitmap2Material node into 3ds Max
- Building your material
- Working with substances from Substance Designer
- Working with maps from Substance Designer
- Exporting the map types
- Exporting maps from Substance Painter
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
1. Overview of Substance Based Tools
The substance toolset4m 9s
2. Using Bitmap2Material inside 3ds Max
3. Working with Substances from Substance Designer
4. Working with Maps from Substance Designer
5. Exporting Maps from Substance Painter
What's next?1m 33s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.