Join Zaheer Mukhtar for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating base texture in DDO, part of 3ds Max: Stylized Environment for Animation.
- The texture that we created in the previous video…can be used in many ways, but one of the most efficient…and effective ways is to use that in…the pre-rendered elements, and particularly in mobile games…we do not use high-resolution, pre-rendered assets.…Now as an example I would like to show you this asset…that I created for a game a few years ago.…Now this roof texture, the wood texture,…was created exactly the same way…I created textures in the previous video.…
Similarly, this texture was created the same way as well.…Now for my structure texture I see that…the primary detail, which are these…large cracks and wreckage breakage onto the wood surface,…I can use this and it will be effective…when I take the ambient occlusion,…but I also want to have secondary bump…and that would be that wood grain…bumping outward or inward within the wood.…
One way would be taking this model into ZBrush…and sculpting that wood grain detail,…and then taking the normal and the specular map…out of ZBrush and using that in the final detail.…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.