Model 3D type using TextPlus.
- [Instructor] Modeling 3D text is easy in 3ds Max…using the TextPlus primitive.…And this supersedes older workflows using a 2D text shape…and a bevel modifier.…So the TextPlus object is the way to go now.…You'll find it in the create panel,…under geometry, standard primitives, TextPlus.…Click that button, and then click and drag in the front…view port to create the TextPlus.…And as you hold the mouse down, and drag,…you're determining the initial size…of the region for the text.…
This is basically the canvas within which the text can wrap.…So it's basically your column here.…So as I drag this over to the left,…we can see that the text will wrap within that region.…Release the mouse, and then right-click…to exit the creation mode.…With the object still selected, go to the modify panel,…and at the top we will see the size of the region here.…So if I click and drag on the width,…you'll see we can constrain that text…within a more narrow column.…
We don't need to use the region mode if we want.…We can change the layout type to point.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.