Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a RealWave surface, part of Up and Running with RealFlow.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- RealWave is RealFlow's solution…for open bodies of water,…such as oceans and ponds.…In this chapter, we will examine the basics of RealWave.…We'll learn how to integrate it…with a rigid body solver called Caronte,…and we will add particles to represent the crest splashes…and the object splashes in the ocean.…We'll begin by setting our simulation options.…Go down to the Simulate button,…the little arrow, choose Options.…
To speed the process of simulation,…lower the frame rate, and that will conform…to the current video capture rate.…And I'll set the FPS Output to 15 frames per second.…I've got eight cores on my system.…I recommend that you leave one core open…for a little bit of headroom.…So I'll turn off Use max threads…and set the number of threads to 7.…In the Caronte section,…I wanna increase the Quality up to 100%…and the Jittering down to 0, or motionless.…
These are maximum quality settings for Caronte,…the rigid and soft body solver in RealFlow.…Those are our simulation options for the current scene.…Go ahead and click Okay.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.