Reflections can really make surfaces such as glass and metal stand out. In this video, learn how to set up a separate pass to render reflection.
- [Instructor] Now let's add in another rendering pass. … We're going to use State Sets to create a reflection pass. … So reflections are mostly done in materials. … So this will show you a little bit about … how to use materials with State Sets. … We currently have in our State Sets, … if we go into rendering, State Sets, you will see … that we have an Ambient Occlusion Pass and a Hero Pass. … So I'm going to create one more state … and we're going to rename that Reflect. … Now with this, we need to have materials that we can swap … in and out to create the reflections that we want. … Now the reflections are basically going to be … on the windows and these glass doors. … So any glass surface, I want that to be reflective. … So I'm going to create a material that's 100% reflective. … And then we can dial that in in Photoshop when we get there. … So let's hop over to our material editor. … I'm going to start off with these upper windows. … And let's go ahead and just use our eye dropper …
- Setting up V-Ray
- Setting up environmental lighting
- Adding sunlight to a scene
- Rendering a hero pass
- Creating reflection and selection passes
- Adding ambient occlusion
- Lighting for night
- Setting up a matte pass
- Adjusting light, shadow, and reflections
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray Workflowswith Brian Bradley1h 35m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
1. Set Up the Scene and Environment
2. Lighting for Daytime
3. Daytime Rendering and Compositing
4. Lighting for Night
5. Night Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.