In this video, George goes in-depth into the KeyShot material editor. He shows the various types of surfaces and how different materials relate to each other.
- [Instructor] Now let's dive a little bit deeper…into materials.…I have a simple scene here, and we're going to go ahead…and work with some materials in this scene.…So we're going to start off with this kind of…sculpture object here.…And on this, we actually have a material called…material 01.…So if I scroll down here and double click on this…you can see that we have this very basic material.…And this is what we call a diffuse material, which really…doesn't have much of anything.…
Now if we want, we can certainly drag materials…from our library onto this.…But another way to create materials is just to…start from scratch and create them on your own.…So the first thing we need to understand is…the material type.…Now we have a number of different material types.…And we can't get into all of them, but let's take a look…at some of the basic ones.…So, the one we have right now is called Diffuse.…And we have a number of other ones that we can select.…So, for example, we have Flat.…
Which basically just gives you a flat color.…
In this course, George Maestri helps you get started with KeyShot. George starts off by taking a look at the Keyshot interface and going over some of the basics. Next, he helps you get used to the workflow by showing how to create a simple render. He also digs into working with materials and lighting. To wrap up the course, George goes over how to animate with KeyShot.
- Navigating the KeyShot interface
- Configuring performance settings
- Managing the objects in a scene
- Importing assets into KeyShot
- Assigning and modifying materials
- Setting up the final render
- Creating materials
- Working with transparency and refractions
- Using objects as lights
- Creating a turntable animation
- Animating parts of objects
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross4h 31m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
1. The KeyShot Interface
2. Create a Simple Render
3. Work with Materials
4. Lighting and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.