This video shows how to create depth of field effects within KeyShot. George shows how to add depth of field to a camera, then adjust the focus and background blur.
- [Instructor] Another very useful camera tool…is Depth of Field.…Now this allows you to blur parts of the image…to bring certain things into and out of focus.…So it's a really straightforward effect, but it can be very…powerful and let's take a look at how to do this in KeyShot.…Now we can do depth of field on a camera,…so I'm going to go over to my camera tab here.…Now let's go ahead and create a new camera.…Now I already have the positioning of the camera…that I want,…but let's go ahead and scroll all the way down…to lens effects, and make sure that we roll that out,…and here we have depth of field.…
And really, all we have to do is just click that on…and notice what happens.…We get a lot of blurring.…So we have two values that are interlocked,…one is f-stop, and the other is focus distance.…Now focus distance is where the camera is focusing,…so if I were to make this lower, you would see that…the stuff in the background goes out of focus…while this red object comes into focus.…If I were to go the other direction, you could see…
In this course, George Maestri helps you get started with KeyShot. George starts off by taking a look at the Keyshot interface and going over some of the basics. Next, he helps you get used to the workflow by showing how to create a simple render. He also digs into working with materials and lighting. To wrap up the course, George goes over how to animate with KeyShot.
- Navigating the KeyShot interface
- Configuring performance settings
- Managing the objects in a scene
- Importing assets into KeyShot
- Assigning and modifying materials
- Setting up the final render
- Creating materials
- Working with transparency and refractions
- Using objects as lights
- Creating a turntable animation
- Animating parts of objects
Skill Level Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross4h 31m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
1. The KeyShot Interface
2. Create a Simple Render
3. Work with Materials
4. Lighting and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.