Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video The Coordinates rollout, part of 3ds Max: UVW Mapping.
- In this video, we're going to take what may seem like…a bit of a right turn in order to take a look at…a set of controls that are very much tied…to 3dx Max's UVW mapping system, and as such,…will greatly effect not only the way in which…our UVW mapping works, but also how any maps we use…will display in our viewports and renders.…These tools are found in the Coordinate roll out…of the Bitmap Map node.…To access this roll out and of course, by extension,…its controls, we need to open up the Material Editor…by means of the M key, make certain that we are…inside the UVW Test Materials tab, and then double-click…on the Bitmap node, in order to load its control set…into the Parameter Editor.…
Now, at this moment in time, because by their very nature…Bitmaps are, of course, 2D, the roll out we are looking at…is the 2D Coordinate roll out.…We can confirm this by the fact that we only see…U and V controls here, not U, V, and W.…I mention this because we do, of course, have acess…in 3ds Max to a 3D Coordinate roll out found…
- What are UVW coordinates?
- Understanding UVW space
- Autogenerating coordinates
- Using map channels
- Working with the World XYZ and Object XYZ systems
- Peel and pelt mapping
- Reshaping UV elements
- Relaxing UVs
- Rendering out a UV template
Skill Level Intermediate
1. UVW Mapping Basics
2. Digging a little deeper
3. Unwrap UVW Modifier Controls
4. The Edit UVW Interface
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.