- Probably, the most important property…of a Hybrido domain is the cell size…and that's the scale of individual…voxels or volume elements.…The system is already set up for its optimal cell size…in this case and it's gonna be a size…of about a third of a meter or about a foot…on each side for the size of an individual voxel.…However, I do just wanna take a quick detour…into the cell size attributes so that you…can see them and understand how they work.…
If I dolly back a little bit,…and go back to the domain here,…get in close on that and as I…mentioned previously these little boxes here…indicate the size of individual voxels.…Particles can be smaller that but the birth…of particles is going to be constrained…by the scale of this particular box.…If we make the cell size larger,…then the simulation will go faster but be less accurate.…There are multiple ways to change the cell size.…
You'll notice that in most of these notes here…you have a cell size parameter…and it's defaulted to 0.3 meters.…If I select for example that PlaneEmitter,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.