In this video, explore rotation axis order.
- [Instructor] Animating camera rotations in 3D…is notoriously difficult for any…non-trivial shot.…It's unfortunately very common for new users…of a 3D animation package to experience…cameras rotating in the wrong direction,…flipping upside-down,…and generally being impossible to control.…Before getting into how to address this widespread issue,…I want to mention that…it only applies to cameras that don't have…a target, also known as an aim or look-at point.…
Targeted cameras are good for still images…and certain kinds of animation,…such as a camera orbit.…But in most animated camera shots…in untargeted, or free camera,…is by far more easy to control.…A free camera acts more like a camera in the real world,…making it easier to perform standard rotations…of pan, tilt, and roll.…However, the priority of those operations…is usually not optimized for camera animation.…
Rotation information in a 3D animation package…generally takes the form of three channels…or function curves…that can be adjusted independently.…These are called Euler angles after the…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Choosing a visualization app
- Managing assets
- Shading with materials and textures
- Daylighting, practical lighting, and studio lighting
- Lightbox and macro photography
- Vehicles and large-scale objects
- Architecture and interior design
- Technical illustrations
- Rendering passes and light groups
- Rendering for print, prepress, and broadcast
- Animating turntables and orbits
- Rigging and animating a walkthrough
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
1. Preparation and Layout
2. Lighting and Shading
4. Rendering and Image Manipulation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.