Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Controlling bitmap coordinates, part of Creating Product Shots in 3ds Max.
…We've added our environment map.…It would really help if we could see it in our viewport,…so let's enable it for the camera view and the perspective view.…With the camera view active, go to the…Views menu and choose Viewport Background > Environment Background.…Now we can actually see that image in the background.…Same with the perspective view.…Select it.…Views > Viewport Background > Environment Background.…And now if you tumble or orbit around, you can actually…see the environment at an infinite distance away from your scene.…
And so that you can see more of it, you might want to zoom…out a little bit with the field of view tool here in the perspective view.…So click on Field of view, down in the lower…right hand corner, and drag downward, and you'll be zooming out.…That way you can just see more of that environment.…And now if you orbit or tumble around, you can get a…good idea of how that environment is going to affect your rendering.…Cool.…Now, we want to adjust the placement on this invisible sphere.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Want to learn how to create the same effect with Maya? Check out Creating Product Shots in Maya.
- Importing solid models as 3ds Max body objects
- Working with the scene layout, hierarchy, and display layers
- Building Arch & Design materials
- Creating area and photometric lights
- Setting exposure control
- Optimizing indirect illumination with Final Gather
- Image-based lighting with high dynamic range files
- Lighting with self-illuminated geometry
- Rendering to high dynamic range
- Saving render passes with Render Elements
- Adding ambient occlusion
- Layering and color correction in After Effects
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Laying Out the Scene
2. Studio Lighting
Controlling Final Gather3m 57s
3. Shading Models with Materials
4. Image-Based Lighting
5. Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.