Transform vertices along edges.
- [Instructor] The last essential tool we'll cover…in this chapter on polygon modeling is…sub-object transform constraints.…And this applies whenever you want to move components…or sub-objects without disturbing the overall shape…of the model.…For example, maybe I want to move these edge loops around…and refine my geometry differently,…but I don't want to change the shape of the model.…Let's take a look, I'll select the object,…and make sure I'm in the modify panel,…and from the modeling ribbon you'll see we have…constraints in the edit section of the modeling ribbon.…
You can also enable constraints from the modify panel.…We have edit geometry constraints…and currently it's set to none.…So let's see what happens if we go into edge…select object mode, double click on one of these edges,…let's do one of these edges running around…the latitude of the leg, there.…Double click to select that edge loop.…And then grab the move tool and position that edge…by moving it in the x-axis…and you can see as we do that…we're actually deforming the shape.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.