Change viewport preferences and layouts.
- The layout of four viewports on the screen…is a pretty standard one in 3D,…but if you want to, you can customize 3ds Max…to display the viewports in a different pattern.…Maybe you want one large view…for maybe your camera or perspective view,…and three smaller views for orthographic panels.…Well, you can do that quite easily.…There is a toolbar for that which is called…the viewport layout tabs tool bar.…And earlier in the course I hid that tool bar.…
I'm going to unhide it now.…And to unhide a toolbar, you can right click…on the textured bar at the top or side…of any toolbar, including the command panel.…Right-click on that textured bar…and I will make the viewport layout tabs visible once again.…And that toolbar appears on the left side of…the interface by default…and it's got one preset in it, it's the quad four,…or four viewport layout.…And if we want to load up another layout,…just click on this triangle, this right-facing arrow.…
Create a new viewport layout tab.…And we have some standard layouts here.…So actually here's the one I want.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.