Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring 3ds Max user paths, part of 3ds Max and Maya Integration.
- 3ds Max allows us to customize the folder locations…for various asset types.…This is done through a dialog…called Configure User Paths.…Go to the Customize menu and choose Configure User Paths…and you will see here that we can specify…a location for these different data types.…Source images, that is textures applied onto surfaces,…are found in the Images folder.…I'll select that and then choose Modify...…
because I want to point 3ds Max…at an external texture library.…I'll go up a couple of levels in the directory tree.…Above the 3ds Max project itself…and here I'm at the shared_assets folder.…Double click that and also double click…to enter the source_textures folder.…And now can see the textures that I wish to apply…and I'm inside the directory that I want to add.…Go ahead and click Use Path and you'll see…now images are going to be found…in ../shared_assets/source_textures .…
The double dot means go up one level…from the current directory, which is our Project folder.…Click OK and that takes effect immediately.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Managing and tracking assets
- Setting up a shared texture library
- Streamlining user interfaces
- Using Maya mode hotkeys in 3ds Max
- Harmonizing scene units and frame rates
- Rendering procedural textures to bitmaps
- Translating scenes with the FBX file format
- Correcting materials, lighting, and surfaces
- Using the Send To command
- Baking animation to keyframes
- Saving a geometry cache
- Distilling complex animation with Alembic
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Managing Assets
Asset tracking in 3ds Max4m 19s
2. Harmonizing Preferences
3. Transferring Materials
4. Transferring Models and Animation
5. Transferring Data with Alembic
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.