In this video, learn how to combine shading components in post.
- [Instructor] For maximum control over the look…of a rendering, store the various shading…components separately, and combine them in post.…Saving out render passes gives you the power…to independently adjust diffuse color,…reflections, transmission, shadows,…indirect illumination, and other shading properties.…3D renderers usually have one or more tool sets…for saving out render passes.…The various components of a rendered frame…are generally stored as separate files.…
But sometimes they can be stored…as groups of channels within a single file.…Separate files is usually a better way to go…for compatibility and asset management.…Combining render components such as…diffuse color and shadows…is a different process than stacking layers…such as foreground, middle ground, and background.…A layer that already has all render components combined…is called the beauty pass.…And those layers can be stacked on top of…one another with no special blending mode.…
Standard layers based approach uses something called normal,…or over mode, where each layer is placed…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Choosing a visualization app
- Managing assets
- Shading with materials and textures
- Daylighting, practical lighting, and studio lighting
- Lightbox and macro photography
- Vehicles and large-scale objects
- Architecture and interior design
- Technical illustrations
- Rendering passes and light groups
- Rendering for print, prepress, and broadcast
- Animating turntables and orbits
- Rigging and animating a walkthrough
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Advanced Lighting (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max: Advanced Materials (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
1. Preparation and Layout
2. Lighting and Shading
4. Rendering and Image Manipulation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.