Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Combining UV elements: Part 1, part of Game Asset Creation: Stylized Wooden Crate.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Over the next two videos we're going to walk…through the process of combining all of our UV elements…together in order to maximize our use of texture resolution…as much as we can.…And in the process, also talk about a couple of concepts…we really need to keep in mind whilst creating UVW layouts…for use in a game engine.…Before we get going though, you may want to save out…a different version of this here,…as we are going to be making some…fairly radical changes here.…As I'm happy to just push on through,…we can make a start at combining our UVs…by selecting our middle cross board here…and then right-clicking and converting this…to an editable poly.…
Inside the edit geometry rollout on the command panel,…we want to click the Attach List option.…Click the first object on the list…and then holding down the shift key click the bottom object…and then click attach.…We're going to want to do some renaming here,…so let's call our newly combined object geo_crate_facade…and then hit enter.…With our object selected,…let's access the modifier list by the dropdown,…
- Modeling the wood frame
- Adding structural reinforcements
- Creating nails with primitives
- Unwrapping the wood and nails
- Combining UV elements
- Exporting the FBX file
- Creating the shader in Substance Designer
- Simulating weathering and edge wear
- Importing the mesh in Unreal Engine
- Applying the substance
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Getting Started with CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
1. Modeling the Wood
2. Nailing It All Together
3. Unwrapping & Exporting Geometry
4. Creating the Shader
5. Bringing It All Together in Unreal Engine 4
Importing the mesh3m 5s
What next?1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.