Join Zaheer Mukhtar for an in-depth discussion in this video Color correcting materials, part of 3ds Max: Stylized Environment for Animation.
- [Instructor] I will now start applying these material…to various parts of my structure.…To start off, I will select the roof part.…And with this green material being active,…I'm going to assign that to the roof part.…I will solo this out by pressing Alt + Q to see the result.…And if I zoom in, I see that there is a bit of distortion…and stretching going on in texture in various areas.…If you remember, we did unwrap this piece,…in fact, this single plank, when we created it,…and we also relaxed it,…but then when we applied the cuts to this plank,…we did not relax it again, and we did not fix the UVs.…
Now, do I need to fix the UVs now?…Well, if I am supposed to take this piece,…and if I have to manually paint…or hand paint each of this plank,…I would definitely have to re-relax my UVs…in order to fix them,…and then start painting texture…over different parts of this structure.…Now, since I'm planning to use a very simple texture here,…which I already have,…so I will use a very simple method here.…I will go to the Modify panel,…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.