Organize scenes with groups.
- [Instructor] A group is a container for objects…or a collection of objects, and it comes in very handy…when you have multiple objects you wish to select…or manipulate as a unit.…It also helps to declutter the scene explorer…or outliner view.…I've got the columns in my floor plan here,…and I want to put them all into a group.…I'm in crossing mode on the main toolbar.…And with the Select Object tool,…I'll just click and drag to select the columns…and not the floor plan.…
And now all those cylinders are selected,…and I can add them into a group by going to the main menu,…to Group, Group.…And we have a generic group name of Group001.…I'm going to call it Columns Group.…I do recommend leaving the word Group…in the name of the group just to make it easier…to identify in a list.…Click OK, and now they're all grouped together.…If I select any one of them, I select all of them.…
If I choose the Move tool,…and select and move, they all move together.…Undo that with Control-Z.…If I need to select individual objects, once again,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.