In this video, learn how to control depth of field.
- [Narrator] The key to convincing emulation…of close-up photography is depth of field.…Artistic application of distance-based blur or bokeh…gives the rendering plausibility.…In addition to its traditional application…of directing the attention of the audience.…Many renderers model bokeh directly…based on the size of a virtual lens iris or aperture.…For 3D renderers that don't offer a physical aperture size,…you can usually get satisfactory results…once you understand these principles.…
The amount of blur is determined by aperture size.…A larger aperture gives more blur.…The maximum aperture radius for a real-world camera lens…is in the range of a few centimeters.…Apertures size also controls the range of distances…that will be in focus.…This is the apodemus depth of field.…A larger aperture has a shallower field,…a more restricted range of distances are in focus.…In the real-world camera aperture affects…both exposure and bokeh but usually in 3D programs…these affects are controlled with separate attributes.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Choosing a visualization app
- Managing assets
- Shading with materials and textures
- Daylighting, practical lighting, and studio lighting
- Lightbox and macro photography
- Vehicles and large-scale objects
- Architecture and interior design
- Technical illustrations
- Rendering passes and light groups
- Rendering for print, prepress, and broadcast
- Animating turntables and orbits
- Rigging and animating a walkthrough
Skill Level Beginner
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
3ds Max: Rendering with Arnold (2017)with Aaron F. Ross2h 40m Intermediate
1. Preparation and Layout
2. Lighting and Shading
4. Rendering and Image Manipulation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.