Removing the NGons and making sure that the thread flows down the bolt in a smooth, consistent way and maintaining good topology flow will require making some cuts, as well as moving the vertices with constraints enabled so we don't break the nice flow.
- [Instructor] Whilst we certainly have the things…looking fairly threadlike on our geometry now,…we still have a bit of work to do…in order for the topolojet to both float correctly…and also be ready to work with the open subdiv modifier.…Indeed, coming to the top of our object…we need, as noted in the previous exercise,…to fix the flattening that we can…see near the start of the thread.…Doing this is actually quite simple…in that all we need to do is select the cut tool…from the edit panel on the revenue eye.…And from the top vertex, sitting at the end…of our thread here, making certain that our cursor…does change and so indicate that we are over a vertex.…
Simply click to start a cut operation.…Taking that all the way across to where the spiral actually…starts again, bypassing the flattened edge altogether.…Now this hasn't quite given us the correct angle of descent…for these new edges.…And so let's select the new vertex,…sitting in the middle of them.…In the edge panel, on the ribbon…engage the constrain to edge option.…
- Modeling with splines
- Creating a working grid
- Duplicating and welding components
- Extruding complex shapes from components
- Building shapes with primitives
- Applying subdivision creasing
- Box modeling
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Appropriate for all
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
1. Modeling with splines
2. Creating Complex Shapes from Components
3. Building with Primitives
4. Modeling with Edge Cuts
5. Box Modeling
What's next?1m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.