Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing a startup template, part of 3ds Max 2016 New Features.
- [Voiceover] With 3ds Max 2016…there's an interesting addition to the welcome screen.…That, of course, is the window that appears by default…when you launch 3ds Max.…Now we have start-up templates appearing…on the first page of the welcome screen.…Start-up templates are default conditions for new scenes.…You can create a scene and then save it out…as a template, and then build other scenes…based upon that, without harming the original template.…These are the four that are supplied…with the 3ds Max installation,…and the template files are located…in your program files directory.…
You can choose one of them, such as this one…the Sample Studio Scene, and when you click…New Using Selected Template, a new file is built.…However, there may be some issues.…You kind of have to know what you're doing around this.…As you can see here,…I'm getting a units mismatched dialogue.…It's telling me that the file itself is saved…with a system unit scale of millimeters,…and my current unit scale is set to inches.…What should I do?…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Choosing a workspace
- Creating templates
- Importing and exporting models
- Mesh smoothing with OpenSubdiv
- Creating a physical camera
- Rendering Bokeh and motion blur effects
- Using the Camera Sequencer
- Working with state sets
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Interface and Templates
3. Physical Camera
4. Camera Sequencer
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.