Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing shading modes, part of Learning RealFlow.
- The shading modes, or display of objects,…can be controlled in RealFlow on a per-object…or a per-scene basis.…I've got a sphere and a cube here,…and I can set them to display as wireframe,…or as a bounding box, as flat shaded or smooth shaded.…For example, I'll select the box, or cube,…and then over on the left I've got my toolbox…and I can click to display that as a smooth shaded object.…
I can also do the same thing from…the display tab up here.…And you'll see you've got a lot of options here.…I can set this back to wireframe if I wish.…That's for the selected object.…If I want to control the display properties…for the entire scene, I can do that from the view menu here.…View, scene shading, and I can choose smooth shade…and now all the objects in the scene…will be displayed as smooth shaded.…And of course I can go back and set it on…a per-object basis as well.…
I can go and select that cube and set it…back to wireframe, for example.…Additionally, notice that on the…toolbar and on the display shelf,…you have the ability to make objects visible or hidden.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross4h 31m Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.