Display objects in shaded, wireframe, and other modes
- The viewport menus have been…slightly reorganized and streamlined.…It'll make it easier for you to choose…the various shading modes.…Let's look at the menus, just quickly.…Starting from the left we have the plus sign.…These menu items allow us to configure…the viewports themselves and change…whatever heads up display elements are visible.…The next menu is the Camera, or Panel, name.…We can choose different things…to load into that panel from this menu.…Third is the Lighting and Materials menu.…
And these apply if you're using the default shading.…And the last menu is the Shading Mode.…And if we drop into a different shading mode such as Facets,…we will see a different rendering on the screen.…I can maximize that view with Alt + W.…We have Default Shading, Facets,…and a bunch of other fun ones such as Hidden Line.…We can go back to Default Shading.…At any time you can switch into Wireframe mode…with the F3 key on your keyboard.…
That's the same as using the Wireframe Override switch here.…Alright, F3 to go back to Shaded mode.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- New viewport display menus
- Using the standalone Asset Library
- Visualizing computational fluid dynamics
- Exporting to Print Studio for 3D printing
- Saving models and animation with the Game Exporter
- Building complex objects with new Booleans
- Modeling and mapping with new TextPlus primitive
- Editing keyframes with new Curve Editor tools
- Applying skin weights with Voxel and Heat Map solvers
- Mapping spline textures with shape maps
- Simulating surfaces with Physical Material
- Rendering with ART
- Rendering in the cloud with A360
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. The New 3ds Max Interface
2. Assets and Interoperability
3. Modeling and Animation
4. Materials and Mapping
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.