Specify rendered file format and options.
- [Instructor] Let's set up some render parameters…for a draft quality rendering…of this simple camera movement.…The camera moving across the space in an arc.…If you're interested in high end production rendering…with a global illumination engine such as ART or Arnold,…I recommend that you check out some…of the other excellent courses we have…in the online training library here.…Those are very deep topics,…and there's no way we're going to be able to cover those…in an Essential Training course.…
So I'm going to do a simple draft quality rendering…with the Quicksilver hardware renderer.…Let's go into the Render Setup dialog.…And the target mode is set to production rendering mode.…And I'll switch the renderer over to Quicksilver.…Previously in the course in the chapter on cameras,…I talked a little bit…about the output size of the rendering.…Here I've got a small output size, 640 by 360…with an aspect of 16 by nine or 1.7 repeating.…
And that's appropriate for a draft quality rendering.…Let's now configure the renderer itself.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Learn how to get around the 3ds Max interface and customize it to suit your preferences. Discover how to model different objects using splines, polygons, subdivision surfaces, and freeform sculpting. Then, learn to construct hierarchies, add cameras and lights, and animate with keyframes. Author Aaron F. Ross also takes an in-depth look at materials and texture mapping, as well as options for rendering engines such as Arnold and ART.
- Customizing the interface
- Selecting, duplicating, and editing objects
- Modeling with splines
- Parametric modeling with the Modifier Stack
- Polygon and subdivision surface modeling
- Freeform sculpting
- Framing shots with cameras
- Lighting with photometrics and daylight
- Building materials
- Mapping textures
- Linking objects in hierarchies
- Creating and editing keyframes
- Rendering an image sequence
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
3ds Max 2018 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 10m Beginner
2. 3ds Max Interface
3. Scene Layout
4. Spline Modeling
5. Parametric Modeling with Modifiers
6. Polygon Modeling
7. Subdivision Surface Modeling
8. Freeform Modeling
9. Camera Techniques
12. Mapping Textures
14. Keyframe Animation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.