Define Safe Action area for digital displays.
- [Narrator] Safe Frames should always be enabled…when working with cameras, so that you can see…what's in the camera frame and what's out of frame.…To enable Safe Frames, you can do it…from the viewport menu.…Go to the name of the viewport, in this case PhysCamera001,…and we can enable Safe Frames here, Show Safe Frames.…And now we have a black border on either side…indicating the areas that are out of frame.…The keyboard shortcut is Shift + F,…and that will toggle the state of Safe Frames.…
I'll turn it back on again with Shift + F.…The aspect ratio of the cropping and the viewport…is, of course, conditional on the render settings.…If we go into our render settings here,…click the Render Setup button, and in the Common tab,…we see that we have an image aspect of 1.781.…And that's very nearly high definition television aspect,…or 16:9 aspect ratio.…And that is giving us the cropping here.…
If we change the output size to something else,…such as 35mm slide,…we now have an image aspect of 1.5,…or a 3:2 aspect ratio for a 35mm still.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
- Improving productivity in the viewports
- Customizing display and camera options
- Rigging a camera for animation
- Controlling and keyframing rotations
- Prioritizing pan, tilt, and roll axis order
- Keyframing camera movement such as pan and dolly
- Keyframing compound camera movement
- Animating a camera crane or jib arm
- Animating a walk-through with Path Constraint
- Projecting an isometric view
- Defining motion blur parameters
- Blurring by distance with depth of field
Skill Level Advanced
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
1. Viewport Tips and Tricks
2. Working with Cameras
3. Rigging and Animation
4. Compound Camera Animation
5. Special Effects
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.