Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing Export Central cache outputs, part of Up and Running with RealFlow.
- As I said earlier, RealWave can interact with particles…and rigid bodies, however, just because these things…can interact doesn't necessarily mean that we want them to.…In this case, I want to add some crest splashes,…some foam onto the surface here,…and I want to make sure that that doesn't interact…with the existing rigid body simulation.…Basically I want them to exist…in two completely different worlds,…and the reason for this is that if the object…was able to collide with those foam particles,…they would explode outwards and do crazy things.…
Additionally if I try to generate crest splashes…while running a Caronte simulation that also intersects…with the RealWave, I experience some problems…with collision detection, and particles don't really behave…the way that they should.…Basically Caronte and particles do not really…cooperate very well in the situation that we have here.…To avoid several issues, what I'm going to do is…essentially bake out the rigid body animation to a cache…and that way I can then disable its connection to particles…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.