- View Offline
- Setting up layers
- Drawing and positioning bones in the skeleton
- Rigging foot controls
- Creating hip and spine controls
- Setting up IK and FK skeleton controls
- Wiring the IK/FK switch
- Rigging hands
- Skinning characters
- Setting up single- and multiple-axis face controls
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm George Maestri and welcome to Character Rigging in 3ds Max. 3ds Max is a very powerful 3D application and it has a lot of great rigging tools. We're gonna take a look at these and create a complete rig. We're gonna start by setting up our model and getting it ready for rigging. Then we're going to draw the character's skeleton. After that, we'll start adding controls to that skeleton. We'll start off with leg and foot controls then move on to hip and spine controls. And then finally, we're going to create FK/IK controls, which will allow us to switch between forward and inverse schematics.
After that, we'll create a very complete hand rig. And after that, we'll skin our character to our skeleton. And finally, we'll create a face rig that has both single axis and multiple axis controllers for complete control over your character's facial expressions. So let's get started with Character Rigging in 3ds Max.