This video shows how to apply bitmap images to a material to create bump and opacity mapping. George talks about the difference between bump and normal maps, then moves on to Opacity mapping.
- [Instructor] We've already seen how we can apply textures…to create color on objects, but we also can use textures…for both Bump and Opacity mapping.…So, let's take a look at that.…I have a very simple scene here with two boxes…and if we go over here, we have two materials,…one for each box.…So we have a green box and a blue box.…So let's start off with this green material.…Now when you have a material, you can certainly change…the type of material.…So, for example, if I change this to a paint material,…it would change.…
But we also have a couple of other tabs here.…One of these is Textures.…Now we can certainly add in a texture for Color,…but we also can add ones for Bump and Opacity.…So let's take a look at bump mapping.…Now I'm going to go over to the Textures panel…in my library here and if you notice we have…a number of different types of maps.…Now I'm going to go ahead and just select Bump Maps,…and as you can see we've got a number of different types.…
Now if you'll notice, some of these are color…and some of these are black and white.…
In this course, George Maestri helps you get started with KeyShot. George starts off by taking a look at the Keyshot interface and going over some of the basics. Next, he helps you get used to the workflow by showing how to create a simple render. He also digs into working with materials and lighting. To wrap up the course, George goes over how to animate with KeyShot.
- Navigating the KeyShot interface
- Configuring performance settings
- Managing the objects in a scene
- Importing assets into KeyShot
- Assigning and modifying materials
- Setting up the final render
- Creating materials
- Working with transparency and refractions
- Using objects as lights
- Creating a turntable animation
- Animating parts of objects
Skill Level Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross2h 52m Advanced
3ds Max 2017: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 34m Intermediate
1. The KeyShot Interface
2. Create a Simple Render
3. Work with Materials
4. Lighting and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.