Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Building the drive cylinder, part of Game Art: Model & UV Map a Low Poly Character.
- [Voiceover] In this video, we are going to be…modeling both the drive cylinder here,…for lack of a better description,…and then the drive wheel.…Our starting point for the drive cylinder…is probably [Laughs] fairly obvious.…And so, let's come over to the Create tab…in the Command Panel, choose the…Cylinder primitive option and then…left-click and drag in the left view port…in order to first of all create the radius…for our cylinder.…Then, after releasing the mouse button,…let's drag to set the height…and then we can end the creation process…by means of a left, then right click.…
We can now press the M key and…apply our modeling material.…Then, let's come over to the perspective view…and holding down the Control key,…just select the drive shaft and…wheel assembler and then hit the Isolate button.…This means that we can start to move our…cylinder into place, zooming in a little,…should we need to.…Now, to perform a quick check on our snap options,…let's press the S key to, first of all,…enable snapping.…And then Shift, right click in order to…
- Gamma and scale
- Setting up a scene
- Creation and shaping
- Using symmetry modifiers
- UV mapping
- Using guide objects
- Detailing and finishing
- Refining a model
- Prepping a model
- Exporting a model
- Fixing issues
- Normal map baking
Skill Level Beginner
Creating a Stylized Wooden Crate Game Assetwith Joel Bradley2h 17m Intermediate
Creating a Environment Kit Design for Gameswith Christian Bradley2h 38m Intermediate
1. Modeling and Unwrapping the Drive Wheel Assembly
2. Building and UV Mapping the Wheels and Tread
3. Creating and Mapping the Head
4. Modeling and UV Mapping the Piston Assembly
5. Final Modeling, FBX Export, and Normal Map Baking
Next steps1m 41s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.