Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Building a HyMesh, part of Learning RealFlow.
- The final step in our Hybrido simulation is…to take a look at the Hybrido mesh properties.…We can mesh the Hybrido solver,…just like we can mesh particles,…we saw in the previous chapter.…However, the parameters are a little bit different,…and it's worth taking a look at those.…I can go ahead and hide the foam,…so we can see this process a little bit better.…Scrub through to a frame here.…Let's go to frame 120.…And HY_Foam selected, just wanna hide it.…
Go up here, and click to make it invisible.…And next, we want to add the Hybrido Mesh,…and that'll be found in the Mesh tab.…And we can click Hybrido Mesh.…And a mesh object is created and automatically attached…to the existing domain.…And if we open up this node here,…you will see the domain is listed there, too.…However, if we click on that, we don't see…any node parameters, like we did for the particle mesh.…Let's go back to the Hybrido Mesh Node proper.…
And I just wanna change the color here,…just make it prettier.…And we've got a bunch of properties here…that we can play with, but first we should build the mesh…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
You'll learn how to create small-scale effects with standard particles, create free-flowing water effects with the Hybrido solver, and simulate open bodies of water such as oceans and ponds with RealWave. Author Aaron F. Ross also shows how to control interactions between objects and fluids with Caronte, the rigid- and soft-body physics engine included with RealFlow.
- Understanding the RealFlow pipeline
- Importing scenes from other 3D programs
- Emitting standard particles
- Caching data
- Simulating a Hybrido fluid
- Creating a Caronte rigid body
- Converting particles and fluids to mesh
- Exporting scenes
- Rendering with mental ray
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2015 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 43m Beginner
Creating Product Shots in 3ds Maxwith Aaron F. Ross3h 25m Intermediate
1. Getting Familiar with RealFlow
2. Particle Simulation
3. Hybrido Simulation
4. RealWave with Caronte Rigid-Body Simulation
5. Interoperability with 3D Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.