- With everything in place and ready to go…in our Unreal level, what we want to do in this video…is walk through the steps required to bring…the substance package that we created into Unreal…and apply it to the crate asset in the scene.…As already noted, there is a substance plugin for Unreal…that will need to be installed before you can…make use of substances inside the engine.…And so, if you haven't already done so,…go back to the first video in this chapter…and walk through the steps as are outlined there.…Now, although I didn't actually take this step…in the previous exercise, one thing that I…usually like to do before I go ahead and…import any assets into Unreal is create…a series of folders and sub-folders…that will help me keep all of my assets and…materials nicely compartmentalized and organized.…
This makes both finding and then using…the assets that we have created…a quick and painless thing to do.…Because we have brought in just a single mesh asset, though,…and are going to be setting up…just a single substance material,…
- Modeling the wood frame
- Adding structural reinforcements
- Creating nails with primitives
- Unwrapping the wood and nails
- Combining UV elements
- Exporting the FBX file
- Creating the shader in Substance Designer
- Simulating weathering and edge wear
- Importing the mesh in Unreal Engine
- Applying the substance
Skill Level Intermediate
Modeling a Character in 3ds Maxwith Ryan Kittleson4h 31m Intermediate
3ds Max 2013 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross7h 9m Beginner
Learning CAT Rigging Tools in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 33m Intermediate
1. Modeling the Wood
2. Nailing It All Together
3. Unwrapping & Exporting Geometry
4. Creating the Shader
5. Bringing It All Together in Unreal Engine 4
Importing the mesh3m 5s
What next?1m 53s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.