Join Zaheer Mukhtar for an in-depth discussion in this video Blocking out the front door, part of 3ds Max: Stylized Environment for Animation.
- [Narrator] Now the last thing I will do…in this chapter is create this frontal detail,…which is kind of decoration around the door.…I will quickly block this out…and later, we can fix the proportions…and sizes according to the structure.…For that, I will go to the front viewport…by pressing F on my keyboard,…and I will go to the Create panel…and click on the box.…And I will create a box somewhere here.…Now I need to create…with something about like this length…and width and a bit of a height…and click...…
and then right-click to...…in the creation process.…Now once this is created,…I will take that to the front of the door…and go back to the front viewport again.…Now I just need to kind of size this…and match it with where it is on the reference image.…Now if I press F4,…I should be able to see some more details…and it will bring the lines,…so it's a good for me,…so I can see the exact ratios and proportions now.…
And I see this plank over here…which has kind of length about this much, which I have.…And now I will right-click,…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray 3.0 for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 58m Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Intermediate
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.