Join Zaheer Mukhtar for an in-depth discussion in this video Blocking out the door frame, part of 3ds Max: Stylized Environment for Animation.
- [Instructor] The last two parts for the blocking-out phase…would be blocking out this arch,…or the door frame,…and then this decoration at the front.…So I'm going to start with this arch for this video,…the door we can add later in the next chapters.…Here in my model I have copied these two planks…from the top…and just put them over here,…and then made another copy on on these sides as well.…So now I will go to the front viewport…and just bring that in the middle…and go to the Create panel,…and I'm going to click Tube…and notice that I have my Height Segment one,…Cap Segment one,…and Sides being set to seven.…
I'm going to create a tube on the side…and give it a bit of width here,…and then some height…and right-click to end the selection process.…Press P on my keyboard to go to perspective viewport,…and just having a look at my model.…Then I will press T on my keyboard…to go to the top viewport,…go to Modify panel…I will right-click…and convert that into Editable Poly,…and go to my Polygon Mode…and I'm going to select these polygons.…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 48m Appropriate for all
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.