Join Zaheer Mukhtar for an in-depth discussion in this video Blocking out the balcony, part of 3ds Max: Stylized Environment for Animation.
- [Narrator] For the balcony part,…I will be using the same elements again to block that out.…Before that, I will choose the lower box,…and go into Vertex Mode,…and I'm going to select all the vertices at the bottom…except the top ones,…and press R on my keyboard…and slightly scale it on the X-Axis…in my perspective view port…because I feel like if the balcony is coming out,…it should be falling somewhere here,…and I should have enough space for that maybe,…just slightly more, and this should do the job.…
Turn off the Vertex Mode,…and now, I will select the top part here,…including the planks in this box,…and hold shift and drag it on the X-Axis…to bring it outward, hit OK.…And now, I will select these planks.…I call them planks because I consider them planks actually,…and I will right-click and convert that into Editable Poly,…and go to Element Mode,…and just making sure I select these two at the back,…and delete them because I don't need them,…and for these two, I will set the pivot point again.…
For this box part, I have some extra segments,…
First, Zaheer explores artistic ways to block out the basic forms of your structure, such as using exaggerated proportions and irregular, tilted shapes. Next, he shows how to add details to the forms. Then he demonstrates how to add the more stylized elements including textures, imported materials, color refinements, and lighting. He wraps up the course by wrapping up the workflow, making final render passes and preparing the scene for export. Along the way, he covers art creation, modeling, compositing, and more.
- Exploring the elements of stylization
- Analyzing a reference image
- Blocking out basic shapes
- Reshaping forms
- Creating details
- Creating stylized elements
- Creating materials in 3ds Max
- Color correcting materials
- Preparing materials for export
- Importing elements into a scene
- Adding lights to a scene
- Setting up V-Ray Renderer
- Fixing issues with renders and lights
- Compositing render passes in Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max 2017 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross9h 50m Appropriate for all
1. Blocking Out Basic Shapes
2. Adding Details to Basic Shapes
3. Creating Stylized Details
4. Creating Textures, Exporting, and Rendering
Next steps1m 54s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.