In this video, learn a basic State Sets workflow.
- [Instructor] For the duration of this particular exercise, … we're going to be working inside the main state sets window. … As we take a look at how we might go about using state sets … inside our 3ds Max projects. … To effect any recordable changes inside the scene, … we will of course need to be working inside an active state. … In fact, for this particular exercise, … we are going to need two of them. … And so with the main state sets dialogue open, … let's come to the states menu, … and use the add state command twice. … We could also click on the plus icon … at the head of the state's hierarchy tree, … or we could even use a right click on the root state itself … in order to add a new state to the tree. … Although we do need to be a little bit careful … when adding States to the list via a right click, … because you can see that we do also have the ability … to create sub or nested states. … Which although extremely useful in some situations … are probably not what we will want to be creating …
This course was created by Brian Bradley. We are pleased to offer this training in our library.
- Why use render elements in 3ds Max
- Output options in V-Ray Next and 3ds Max
- Using state sets for rendering in passes
- Compositing lighting and other beauty pass elements
- Exploring the render elements in depth
- Compositing an animated sequence from start to finish
Skill Level Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
3ds Max and V-Ray: Exterior Lighting and Renderingwith George Maestri1h 35m Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
1. Rendering for Compositing
2. An Introduction to State Sets
3. Working with the Beauty Pass Elements
4. A Deeper Dive into Render Elements
5. Project: Working with an Animated Sequence
6. Compositing in After Effects
Next steps1m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.