Before rendering can occur, the lighting in the scene must be balanced. In this video, learn how to adjust and manage the overall lighting of the scene.
- [Instructor] I've gone ahead … and wired up the rest of my parameters. … I've wired the intensity of my dome … light to my environment slider. … And I've also changed the maximum to 20 … to reflect the range of that particular light. … And then I did the same with the fill light. … I wired intensity to the slider … and in this case I made the maximum 500. … So now that we have this in place … we can start to balance our lights. … So let's go into render setup and start an IPR. … I'm going to make this fairly big so that we can see it … in our view port but also see the slider. … Now I'm going to select my select and manipulate icon. … And notice how these highlight in green. … And now let's just go ahead and left click … and drag and turn all of these down. … When we do that you can see that this is the interior … lighting and I also have that little … garage light there and those are fine. … And let's go ahead and start to work with our light. … Now if I want I can bring up my environmental lighting …
- Setting up V-Ray
- Setting up environmental lighting
- Adding sunlight to a scene
- Rendering a hero pass
- Creating reflection and selection passes
- Adding ambient occlusion
- Lighting for night
- Setting up a matte pass
- Adjusting light, shadow, and reflections
Skill Level Intermediate
3ds Max and V-Ray: Residential Exterior Materialswith George Maestri2h 27m Intermediate
3ds Max: Substance to V-Ray Workflowswith Brian Bradley1h 35m Intermediate
V-Ray Next for 3ds Max Essential Trainingwith Brian Bradley6h 13m Intermediate
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Lightingwith Aaron F. Ross3h 36m Advanced
3ds Max 2019: Advanced Materialswith Aaron F. Ross2h 37m Advanced
1. Set Up the Scene and Environment
2. Lighting for Daytime
3. Daytime Rendering and Compositing
4. Lighting for Night
5. Night Rendering and Compositing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.